One of my best traits is that I am consistent AF.
I show up every single day no matter what. Whether I am sick, tired, happy or sad. I show up.
Because I know that in order to grow both myself and my business I have to show up.
Are you someone who struggles with showing up? Are you someone who struggles with consistency? Where are my top 5 tips for how to show up every single day even when you don’t want to:
1) Get enough sleep. I am going to say this over and over and OVER again in my posts, but if you do not have a very good sleep routine YOU NEED TO FIX THAT!! Try to go to bed earlier. Try to have a before bed routine. Try melatonin, or even go to your doctor to see if you can find something that works for you. But nonetheless.. if you want to be consistent and present in your every day life you have to get enough sleep. If I wake up and I am still tired I know my day will be half as productive.
2) Do not try to form so many consistent habits at a time. I sure as hell did not become this consistent by throwing 10+ habits on myself at one time. I went slowly! And when I want to form a new habit I continue to work up to it. Form one habit at a time and do not try to throw another one in until you have mastered the first one.
3) Use the trick of convenience to form your habit and keep it going. Convenience and inconvenience are probably my favourite ways I form and keep my habits. If I want to keep a habit going I make it as easy as possible for me to do it. If I need to be consistent with my laundry I make sure my detergent is not too far away from the washing machine so it’s not too much of a hassle for me to clean my clothes. If I need to become more consistent with my workouts I make sure everything I need is right where I workout. My laptop charges on my workout shelf so I don’t have to remember to grab that. I even keep my shoes beside it! I also use the trick of inconvenience when I want to break a habit. If I want to be consistently not eating cookies I don’t keep them in my house.
4) Provide a reward for showing up. Maybe if you do your laundry consistently every week you get a new book at the end of the month. Maybe if you clean your house every day you get to go out at the end of the week. Or maybe when you accomplish something you simply get a check mark beside the thing you have accomplished. That is probably my favourite way. No money, and no calories. Every time I complete a task I get to check it off in my planner and it makes me feel so flipping good!
5) Schedule your activities. Every day you should have a rough outline of what you need to do and when you need to do it. That way you know that when the time comes you just get it done, no questions asked.
6) Here is an extra tip that may have alluded you: JUST DO THE DAMN THING. Wake up and do it. Don’t question it. Just do it. Do not even think about it. Need to get your workout in? Get it done. Need to clean the house? Clean the house! You are capable of doing everything you want and need to do. So get out of your own way!
Being present and consistent every day takes work, but it is so worth it. It creates a sense of trust between you and your acquaintances. It will also help you build your confidence in yourself. Implement these tricks RIGHT NOW on a habit that you are trying to form and I promise you it will change your life.