I have been pretty absent from my blog for the past few days.
I have been really struggling with my depression. It was so bad yesterday that I actually had to cancel a prior engagement because there was no way I could leave the house.
I was very confused as to why my depression hit me so hard two days a in row, and then this morning it hit me. I barely even journaled on Tuesday or Wednesday. I had been so caught up in my accountability groups and making sure all my babes knew what the challenges were that I completely forgot about MY mental health. I did not put pen to paper yesterday and the day before I only wrote a paragraph.
So this morning before I did anything else I got out my journal and began writing. I feel so much better. Taking those 30 minutes to clear my head is a life-saver.
Here are some tips I have for journaling:
1) It is most effective if you do it right when you get up in the morning. It sets your day up right and you are more likely to do it.
2) Start with how you are feeling. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Write out everything you think is going right and everything you think is going wrong. Just writing those things out on paper helps you appreciate the good and helps you work through the bad.
3) Actually work through the bad. Once you write out everything that you perceive to be going wrong go a head and figure out how you can make it right. Whether it is an action you can take or if it is a mindset shift.
4) Use your journaling to put what you want out of your life into the Universe by writing “I am” statements. Each statement is something that you hope to have in the near future. For instance, I write “I am a loving wife” this tells the Universe my desire to be not just a wife, but a GOOD wife.
5) Close out with affirmations that you will bring with you throughout your day. I always end my journal entries with “I forgive my judgemental thoughts and I choose again.” That way I know that whatever I wrote on the paper I have forgiven and I can then move on.
Follow me @missbissfitniss to get the latest updates on my business, life hacks and so much more.